Monday, June 23, 2008

Ex-Boyfriend Rant

What is it about exes? Why is it that they keep coming around when you don't want them to?

The relationship may have been over for like 2 months or 2 years, but still they pop up when you least expect them to, talking some mess like, "I just wanted to see how you were" or "Do you miss me?" or "You were on my mind, so I decided to call". I mean dammitalltohellwithgasolinedrawson! It's over, dead and gone with for a fricking reason. Either me or you walked away from the situation for any number of reasons, but you still feel the need to call/show up and bother me.

I had my ex-boyfriend from freshman year call me 4 years later talking bout "I miss you and I realize that you were the best thing that happened to me". Umm okay! You left me for some random bitch that you met at a party, had a kid with her, bought a house with her... but I was the best thing that happened to you? Of course I lit into his ass. Had to drop some knowledge on some things that he missed over the course of the 1+ years were together and made him realize that I was better off.

Another ex decided to hook up with a chick with my name and then play the "I've moved on" card after a couple of years. Hated to break it to him, but your new chick has my name, she looks like me and from the MySpace page she decided to harrass me from, she behaved/acted/thought just like me, cept she was very young-minded. Maybe I was being childish when i told him that the dude I left him for was everythingI was looking for in a man, everything he was not... but I had gotten to the point where enough was enough! I got tired of ranting emails from this young chick and him doing his best to butter me up with midnight phone calls/text messages about how "good we were together."

The one that really gets to me is the most recent. I spent 2+ years with this man who bounced back and forth between me and his BabyMomma. Yes, I was stupid in love to let it go that long without kicking his ass to the curb. Finally did it tho... He accepted my decision, wasn't happy about it, but he dealt with it and we became reluctant-friends. Then he drops the bombshell! He FINALLY left her and wants to pursue a relationship with me, for real this time. Hmmm... at first, in a moment of stupidity, I considered it. But then I thought about it for a lil bit and realized that I would never be truly happy. This man put me through hell and back and when I finally get to a point where I can say that I am close to being over him, he wants to come back into my life and my heart. Nah Buddy!

Why can't people learn to let past partners go? Someone I met once said that dudes never want to let the one who "stroked them the right way" go. I laughed when I heard that, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Every relationship/situation should be used as a learning experience so that the same mistakes aren't made in the future. But damn if the men I have dealt with don't seem to get that point until I get mean or real damned cruel with them. I hate hurting other people's feelings, but sometimes it just has to be done.

Oh well! I'm going to have to begin another one of those difficult, "please just leave me alone and let it go" type talks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woman.

Stop. Dating. Men. With. Baby. Mommas.

I'm just sayin'.

::muah::